For this outfit I decided to turn an old bra that I did not wear anymore into a strapless bra that I can wear under sheer shirts or backless ones! For this outfit I also took an old baggy t-shirt from Walmart (one of my favorite places for inexpensive clothing!) and cut it into this cute heart tee. The bra and shirt were very simple and easy to make and took about 45 minutes!
Things you will need for this project include:
- old bra
- velcro strips
To make the strapless bra I used some lace that I purchased from Michaels and for the braided pieces I actually used an old belt from a shirt that I do not wear anymore. I am not expecting everyone to have old braided belts lying around so another way of creating the braided pieces could be to cut three strands of an old t-shirt and braid them together instead!
- First I cut off the sides of the bra, leaving only the underwire cups
- Then I cut velcro strips to fit on the sides of the bra. So you do not have scratchy velcro rubbing underneath your arms all day, make sure you apply the soft velcro side to the bra, not the plastic half.
- I cut small squares of velcro to put on each braided piece and the lace piece and attached them to each side of the bra with the velcro. Easy right!
Creating the open heart backless tee was even easier!
- First I turned the shirt inside out because you will be writing with chalk on the inside of the shirt
- Next I sketched a heart shape on the back of the shirt with chalk. The point of the heart I ended about 5-6 inches from the bottom of the shirt.
- Now just cut out the heart!
- I then cut off the sleeves of the shirt because they were extremely baggy.
- Turn the shirt right-side out and you are done!