I first made these earrings for myself, I really do love them! But they just do not go with anything I wear. I will be selling them on Etsy and I would love for them to have a good home!
I came up with this idea originally because I just love cutting things out of magazines and I had been hooked on Mod Podging everything! I love to personalize all of my things and I saw my lighters still had a plain surface that needed to be decorated. I realized that if you do this to you lighters, at least you will never get bic’ed! This project is super easy and all you need are a few things. If you are unfamiliar with what Mod Podge is, you will soon find out it is a wonderful invention that I use on almost everything. Mod Podge is a very thin glue that dries clear and holds strong for a long time. You can find this at most any craft store like Michaels or A.C. Moore.
- Mod Podge
- old paint brush
- old magazine
- boring lighters
This project is quite self explanatory. Go through old magazines and cut out pictures or words to glue onto the lighters. After you have cut your pictures take your Mod Podge and an old paint brush and glue them on where you desire. The reason I recommend using an old paint brush is because Mod Podge dries very quickly and might be hard to get fully out of brushes. Use an old one you do not mind getting dirty. ( I do so many projects with Mod Podge I have a designated “Mod Podge paint brush”!) Once you have glued on your magazine pictures, apply a coat of Mod Podge on top to make sure they will not peal off. Thats it!
This makeup might look difficult to do, but trust me, it is easy but just takes practice!
- I always apply a primer like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion before I apply shadow. This will help the shadow to stay on longer and not crease throughout the day!
- Then start by applying a light silver color to the inner half of the lid. (I used a shadow from an E.L.F palette I have.) Bring this color into the inner corner of the eye and down slightly onto the inner lower lash line.
- Next take a bright blue ( I used “Open to Offers Owlen” from a Shady Lady palette vol. 3) and apply this to the outer half of the lid. Blend some of this color down onto the lower lash line as well, and blend into the silver.
- To get a brighter blue I dipped my brush into a bit of water and applied the same color blue to the outer v. Adding water will allow the pigments in the shadow to stick together and create a brighter more vibrant color!
- Next take a deep plum purple color and apply to the crease. Make sure you blend!
- To really create the effect of the setting sun, apply a rose pink color slightly above the crease where you applied the purple.
- Then take a bright gold shadow ( I used Half Baked from Urban Decay Naked 2 palette) and apply slightly above the rose color. Make sure you blend these colors too!
- The last step for the eyeshadow is to apply a small amount of white shadow as the highlight. Apply this above the brow bone.
- Finally all that is left is black eyeliner and mascara and you are done!
That was easy right!?
these earrings I also made and you can purchase on etsy
I received a plain black tank top as a gift, and I questioned how this was supposed to be fashionable? I decided to turn the shirt into skull top. I have a love for anything skulls, and I love to wear skull clothing!
All I needed for this project was:
I first turned the shirt inside out to draw on it, then I sketched this skull face onto the back just using a piece of chalk. Then I cut it out! It was that easy!
Shorts are vintage and the shirt is from Marshalls
leggings were a gift, top is from Forever21, jacket from H&M
crop top from A&E and skirt from Forever21
dress from Forever21
maxi dress from Forever21
brown leather pants, and tank top from Marshalls, jean vest from Forever21
dress from Target
dress from Forever21
brown leather pants from Marshalls, Nirvana tank from H&M, leather jacket from Forever21, scarf from Christmas Tree Shoppes
dress from Delias, leather jacket from H&M
jacket I am pretty sure from Marshalls, the leggings were an easter gift from my mom,
vintage shorts, tank top from Delias, jacket from TJ Maxx
dress from Francesca’s, jacket from H&M
vintage dress, scarf and denim vest from Forever21, beanie from Walmart
dress from Target, jacket from Marshalls, beanie from Walmart
leather pants, scarf, and tank top from Marshalls, sweater from Forever21, shoesvleopard Sperry’s
dress from Forever21, jacket and boots from Marshalls
black skinny jeans and skull sweater from TJ Maxx/ Marshalls
mint pants and shirt from TJ Maxx shoes from Target
hat from Forever21, pants, boots, and skull shirt from Marshalls/ TJ Maxx, vintage sweater
cross sweater from Forever21, pants from Marshalls
vintage shorts and sweater, tank top from H&M
shirt from Marshalls
vintage shorts and shoes, sweater from Forever21, cross shirt from Marshalls
dress from Marshalls
shirt and pants from Marshall’s, shoes leopard Sperry’s
shirt from Forever21, vintage shorts
vintage top and shoes, leggings from Forever21,
vintage shirt, shorts from Marshall’s
dress from Target
vintage shorts and necklace, tank top from Delia’s
DIY vintage shorts, tank top from Forever21